Happy Contract Unfreezing Day! Please see the updated Regional Attorney List within the google drive sent to you Thursday (I have included the link again below). Also, please see some of the Frequently Asked Questions we have received over the weekend below.
Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oI52uO8Dhsv8L3-cgMAm0BBmqy9vfvSi?usp=sharing
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What was the League Wide Average from the 2020-21 season?
- Due to the canceled season, the NLLPA and the NLL agreed to use the 2019-20 season LWA of $20,412.10.
- How does the CBA and potential Opt-Out influence negotiations?
- There is a players-only CBA Opt-Out date in November 2021. If the NLLPA opts out in November, we will play the 2021-22 season and the new CBA will be negotiated following that season.
- If the NLLPA does not opt-out in November, the CBA is set to expire following the 2022-23 season.
- Recommendation: Do not sign a contract longer than 1 year because of the chance the NLLPA opts out of the CBA. Do not sign more than 2 years because the CBA will expire and new conditions of employment will be negotiated.
- If you plan to sign a multi-year contract, use a disclaimer such as the following: “Player retains the right to renegotiate the financial terms of the agreement for year 2 (2022-23) and beyond if the NLLPA opts-out of the CBA after the 2021-22 season, the CBA expires after the 2022-23 season, and/or if financial (salary) terms of the CBA are modified.”
- Is my contract expired and do I need to negotiate a new deal?
- If your contract expires in 2021, you will need to negotiate a new contract for the 2021-22 season.
- When is the protected Expansion Players List Date?
- The protected expansion player list date is TBD. It will likely be in June or July.
- What are the RFA Categories?
- Please see the different RFA categories in the below picture:
- What are Benefits not included in Base Salary and Bonus?
- Please see the attached list of Taxable Player Considerations that are excluded from salary and bonus:
- Why are some contracts not included in the Database?
- We have had an incomplete database of contracts. We are working on uploading every single contract. Please let us know if we are missing your contract.
Vice President & Executive Director
National Lacrosse League Players Association