As many of you are aware, the NLLPA and the NLL came to a tentative agreement on a successor CBA; and, the NLLPA’s membership ratification vote is now well underway. We can now tell you that the vote will very likely pass and we will have agreed to a successor CBA on Thursday.
We are planning an open meeting with all NLLPA members and our Regional Attorneys to discuss the changes to the current CBA and to provide some negotiating tips moving forward (Likely Monday August 15th). It is important to be aware of how much you are signing for, how long, and how it is structured. We would like to help you be as informed as possible heading into your negotiations and Free Agency.
We are now in the drafting process for the new CBA and we hope to have a complete version available soon. For now, please use the below term sheet and the expired CBA to help guide you. Also attached in your email is an updated Free Agency List.
Please see the below summary outlining some of the main terms of the new CBA that may be of particular interest to you:
- 3 Year Term
- Continued min and max salary increases of 4% each year
- Significant increases in the luxury tax thresholds of roughly 20% or $100,000 over 3 years:
- 2021-22: current ($485,493)
- 2022-23: 9.1674% ($530,000)
- 2023-24: 5% ($556,500)
- 2024-25: 5% ($584,325)
- Improvements to Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency
- Increased RFA rights with the Qualifying Offer +6% (“QO+”). All qualifying offers must now include a 6% raise. Up from a 0% raise. In exchange for adjustments to service time: 3 games dressed = year of service.
- Increased UFA eligibility to 30 years old and 6 years of service; OR 8 years of service. Currently, 30 years old and 6 years of service.
- Rejecting the franchise tag is 33 years old. Down from 34.
- Franchise Player amount is $50,000. Up from $44,063 in the 2021-2022 season.
- The RFA A3 League Wide Average is amended using set League Wide Average to the following totals (players earning a salary under such totals the immediately preceding season will be considered A3 RFA’s):
- 2023: $22,700
- 2024: $23,600
- 2025: $24,500
- Per Diem increases from a flat $65 to:
- 2022-23: $70
- 2023-24: $75
- 2024-25: $80
- Increases in training camp reimbursements.
- Anti Collusion provision and Circumvention provision added
- Neutrality Agreement – The NLL and Clubs will refrain from opposing legislative and/or regulatory efforts to extend workers comp benefits to Canada
- Establishment of a Full-time lacrosse committee working towards full-time lacrosse solutions.
- Miss-work pay to remain status quo with additional language included to verify actual missed work.
- Plus additional small changes. Please see the term sheet for full details.
Please let me know if you have any questions.